Friday, 10 June 2016

Friday Highlights | Sunshine and Hard Work

Another week has come and gone! Here are the highlights of my week.

- It's been a lovely warm week here in the UK, over 20c every day! Unfortunately there have been lots of clouds too so its been quite humid and muggy... not the best conditions when you work in indoor sport and there is no air conditioning! Oh well, I'm not really going to complain because it's probably the only warm weather we will get this year.

- I was thrilled to see the news that Renee has had her baby! Go and check out her blog to see the good news and see some super adorable photos.

- My adult trampolining class is still going well. With bank holidays and other commitments it seems like I've only been going every other week but I'm getting back into the swing of things again. With the warm weather and slightly lower numbers in attendance, it was very hard work but I loved getting more trampoline time and getting to fix the technique of my old skills.

- I overcame a big personal barrier this week too- I coached the main competition squad at work. I usually coach the low level 'novice' competition squad, but one of the coaches was ill so I was asked to coach the higher level squad. There's a bit of a back story with my work with the main squad, and I really don't have much confidence when I work with them but I decided to build a bridge and run away from the barriers I had made for myself and actually quite enjoyed the evening! It helps that the kids are pretty cute too :)

- Bailey has been with us for 3 months now and he's definitely at home around us and in the house. This week his new trick is escaping from his hutch if we leave the lid open. We learned that the hard way! Oops! 

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment